6:32 AM

Personal Involvement

A few days ago I had to realize how deeply I got involved into decentralizing processes of business, educational and social institutions. It was like a wave of a magic wand that suddenly organized all my projects, thoughts and ideas along a clear trend. 

I could string together some seemingly chaotic stuff from my life like punk music, entrepreneurship, start-up companies, university drop-out, coworking, learning, community organizing, open-source solutions, peer-to-peer networks, tagging systems, BarCamp and our society in general.

It was interesting to understand, that I caught the similar wave:

  • in music industry when I started to use P2P filesharing networks
  • in economy when I started my start-up company
  • in working culture when I was introduced to coworking
  • in education when I quit university
  • in social trends when I  started to join and create communities on Ning for example

These are typical signs of decentralization in different areas of my life. By analyzing and comparing my first-hand experiences it wasn't hard to find recurring patterns and core similarities that will probably appear in a vast of other areas the next few years.  

Comments (0)

Post a Comment